Some of the other stuff is very interesting. Only half of Irish Catholics believe in Hell and a quarter don't believe in Heaven! A tenth don't even believe in God. I don't remember re-incarnation being part of Catholicism but for a third of Irish Catholics it is...
So how important is God to Irish Catholics on a scale of 1 to 10? While it is definitely skewed to the high end, you have to ask yourself, if you were a good believing Catholic, would you not go all the way to eleven on this question?
So, in the Republic of Ireland, of those that self-identify as Catholic:
- Only half believe in Hell
- Only three-quarters believe in Heaven
- 10% don't even believe in God (sure that makes them atheists?)
- A quarter believe in an impersonal God (and 17% either are atheists or don't know what they think)
- Roughly half pray at least once a week, while about a third are doing well to pray once a year.